Having an effective and easy-to-use anti-malware program installed on your system is very important for overall data and privacy security. If you are looking for a good security product for your computer, you have come to the right place. In this post, we do a full review of Exterminate It! for the PC.
About Exterminate It!
Exterminate It! is a cutting-edge application that detects and removes malware including Trojans and rootkits. It is built for continuous updates so to it can keep up with the ever-growing quantities of digital threats that exist online. Its user interface is designed for ease-of-use and the program runs fast and reliably.
Exterminate It! detects and removes:
- Other malware
About Curio Laboratories
Curio Laboratories was founded in 2006 and designs easy-to-use computer security software packages for users around the world.
They make products for sale internationally that protect computer systems from technologically sophisticated security threats. Their products are always up to date with the latest protections and solutions.
They have a dedicated team that can assist their customers with any issue and offer custom solutions to difficult security challenges. They have been serving customers around the world successfully for many years.
How does Exterminate It! Work?
Exterminate It! uses a highly advanced anti-malware engine that scans and detects many kinds of threats. It contains a growing database of over 500,000 dangerous programs, categorized based on signature and behavior. This allows Exterminate It! to be effective in its ability to compete with other products on the market.
- System Scan
- Daily updates
- Submit State functionality
- 24-hour support team
- User Friendly Interface
- Free custom updates
GUI / Interface
The Exterminate It! graphical user interface is very simple and easy to use.
The program has a main window with these selections on the left side:
- Start Scan
- Submit State
The main window also shows the Scan Parameters in the center:
- Memory Scan
- Smart Scan
- Full Scan
- Custom Scan
The software Expiration Date is in the bottom right of the main window.
Clicking Start Scan will start the scan type you choose from the Scan Parameters:
- Memory Scan checks memory for infections
- Smart Scan checks memory and locations most likely infected by malware
- Full Scan checks memory and all files on your system
- Custom Scan allows you to choose which parameters and folders to scan
The “Exterminate” Button
Scan Results shows the following details of any threats detected:
- Malware Name
Once a threat is identified by Exterminate It! an “Exterminate” button appears. If you click it turns from light blue to red. A popup window then appears and states: “Exterminate It! has removed all the infected files. You can restore them from the “Undo” screen if you still need them.” “Don’t forget to keep your database updated. If you suspect your computer is still infected, please click ”Submit State” to share your concerns with the Exterminate It! team.”
Only having the product fully activated grants the ability to remove malware. If you have not activated the software any threats wil be quarantined, but not removed.
We clicked “Update” on the left side menu, and it quickly checked for software updates. It determined our version of Exterminate It! had the most recent update.
To have malware removal functions available, the Exterminate It! software must be activated. Once the purchase is complete, an activation code is provided by email that you enter into the program.
Exterminate It! Options
- Use Internet Explorer Settings
- Use Direct Connection
- Use Proxy Server
- Delete Permanently (No Undo is possible)
- Disable Submit State File Signature Validation
A button for restoring default IE settings is also located on the right.
- Load Anti-Rootkit Driver
- Search for Hidden Files
- Show Hidden Files in Scanning Results
- Unhook Rootkits Before Scanning
We left all choices in default mode.
Clicking on “Return Policy” on the bottom right of the Options window takes you to the Exterminate It! return policy web page.
Exterminate It! Help
Clicking “Help” on the left side menu opens up the Exterminate It! website in your default browser. This takes you to the Exterminate It! Help page that has a Help Menu on the left.
On this page you can find commonly asked questions. For more information, you can also see the FAQ web page which you can click from this location.
Clicking on “Submit State” will ask for a description of the issue you are having. Once finished, click “Send” and the issue will be sent to the Exterminate It! team.
Our Exterminate It! Test
Our Exterminate It! test was run on our standard mid-range desktop PC we use regularly for antivirus and anti-malware testing. These are the system specifications:
- Desktop PC Model: HP Pavilion 595
- Processor: 8th generation Intel Core I5-8400
- RAM: 12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM Memory
- Hard Drive: 1 TB 7200 RPM HD, 128 GB PCIe Solid State Drive
- Video Card: Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Software: Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, other pre-installed system software.
- File types: xls, txt, doc, mp3, mp4, jpeg, jpg, bmp, png, pdf, docx, exe, wav, wma, bat
- Average file size: 4.4 MB
Exterminate It! Test Scan Performance
A Full Scan took 38 minutes, 52 seconds on our system.
Threats detected: 0
Tracking Cookies Detected: 1
Following the scan, a window appeared that states: “If you suspect that malware still persists on your computer, please click the “Submit State” button and report the problem to our team. You’ll get the fix with the next update.”
A Memory-only scan took 8 seconds.
Threats detected: 0 Tracking Cookies detected: 0
The Smart Scan took 5 minutes and 35 seconds.
Threats detected: 0 Tracking Cookies detected: 0
A Custom Scan focusing on locations most likely to have malware took 4 minutes and 41 seconds to complete.
Threats deteted: 0 Tracking cookies detected: 0
Exterminate It! Review in Summary
Exterminate It! is a powerful and very easy to use anti-malware program. We recommend any student, parent, or working professional consider this product to protect their system from online threats.
Exterminate It! FAQs
- Can Exterminate It! Block Popups?
- Does Exterminate It! Protect Against Trojans?
- Will Exterminate It! Protect My Identity?
- Does Exterminate It! Work?
- Can Exterminate It! Block Porn?
- Can Exterminate It! Remove Viruses?
- Does Exterminate It! Run at Startup?
- How Long Does Exterminate It! Take To Scan?
- Does Exterminate It! Protect Against Worms?
- Can You Use Exterminate It! on a PC?
- Does Exterminate It! Block Spyware?
- Does Exterminate It! Block Ransomware?
- Does Exterminate It! Block Malware?
- How Often Is Exterminate It! Updated?
- What Viruses Does Exterminate It! Protect Against?
- Is There A Exterminate It! Trial Version?
- How to Install Exterminate It!?
- What is Exterminate It!?